We really don't know it all (let's keep that our little secret). That is why we need you. If you would like to submit original work for publication on CBRNPro.net, we welcome it. We have a few guidelines to follow:
1) No manifestos. This is an information based website, if you have an ax to grind, find some other wheel to do it on.
2) Fact or experience based. We really do NOT like S.W.A.G.s, or scenarios out of touch with reality.
3) Original. We want fresh takes, new research, lessons learned, etc. If you are going to cut and paste from wikipedia, well, just stay over there on wikipedia and leave us alone.
4) Try to limit it to a 2-4 pages of single spaced text. (4-6 pages double-spaced).
5) We will consider longer articles, but they have to be REALLY worth it.
6) If you send me anything not appropriate for the public domain (classified, for official use only, restricted, etc.) I will delete it and report you to the appropriate authority. This ain't wikileaks and Edward Snowden is a traitor.
7) We reserve the right to reject you for any reason. We will usually tell you what it is.
8) We also reserve the right to shout your name from the mountains if you send us something totally awesome. We have some of those Swiss horn blower guys from the old Ricola commercials all warmed up and waiting for the word to let 'er rip.
9) We don't do anonymous posts. Your name must appear with the post. It is up to you if you want us to include contact information, affiliation, etc. or not, but you will be linked to the post, and we will verify your identity. There are exceptions to this rule, and if you are one of them, talk to us about it.
Please submit your original work, in Microsoft Word file as an attachment to your email.
Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Spacing: Single, Double. Don't care. Be consistent.
Margins: We like 1 inch all the way around.
Photos or diagrams should be submitted separately in .PNG or .JPG format.
Submitted photos or diagrams should note the source, and the license (creative commons, public domain, etc.). Copyrighted photos can only be used with the permission of the copyright holder, which must be included in your submission, even if the copyright holder is you, the person submitting.
All submitted work must properly attribute sources (Plagiarists will be punished with public shaming. Consider yourself warned.) We prefer endnotes, but hey, even we violate that and go parenthetical just for the heck of it sometimes. Just be consistent and pick a style guide (We like Chicago Style or Turabian but if you don't, that's cool. Use what ever makes you happy and helps others find the source.)
Submissions should include a cover page with the author's name, rank/position/organization (if you want that on the website - up to you), mailing address, email address, and a 3-5 sentence biography (just the highlights). If you are on LinkedIn, please include a link to that as well. Please note (other than your name) what contact info (if any) you want listed on our website, that includes links to social media, website, email, etc.
Also, let us know if the work you are submitting has been published or submitted elsewhere. Different sites and publications have different rules about that sort of thing and we don't want to get on the wrong side of any of them.
We do allow a photo of the author to accompany a submitted work, if you are so inclined. However, if you put your hand under your chin in some cheesy glamor shot and send it to us, we will ridicule you for it.
Submit your work to:
We will review your work and get back to you. Be patient.
If we like it, we reserve the right to edit for format. If there are other issues, we may request revisions. If we hate it, we'll send you a lovely rejection letter you can frame and put on your wall.